Sunday, November 27, 2016

Wikipedia Trail: From Queen of Sheba to Natalie Portman

(The Queen of Sheba visits King Solomon, Giovanni De Min)
While looking through the class Twitter stream, I came across a link to a reading about the Legend of the Queen of Sheba. After reading that article, I wanted to learn more about her so I looked her up on Wikipedia. This is where my Wikipedia trail began. The first article, called Queen of Sheba explained how the queen came to Jerusalem with camels, spices, gold, and precious stones. She gave these gifts to King Solomon and then returned to her land. I wanted to learn more about King Solomon so I linked to his Wikipedia page. The name of this page was just Solomon. Solomon was the king of Israel and son of David. He reigned from 970 to 931 BC. He built the First Temple in Jerusalem. This led me to the Wikipedia page named Jerusalem. Jerusalem means "City of Peace" and is considered the holy city in the religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. While reading about the city, I came across a section dedicated to residents. Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem and lived there until she was three years old. I went to her page next, titled Natalie Portman. Not only was she born there but she also has dual citizenship. Portman is a well-known actress and has starred in many movies including; Star Wars prequel trilogy and Black Swan.

No comments:

Post a Comment