Sunday, October 16, 2016

Reading Notes, Turkish Fairy Tales

I never had the opportunity to read a story from the Middle East so for extra reading this week I decided to explore it a little bit. I chose to read Turkish Fairy Tales. I thought that these stories were very hard to read, and understand so an idea I had to write a story is to translate it into a way so that I and other readers are able to better understand it. My favorite story in this compilation is The Fish-Peri. Peri means fairy in Turkish, and this story is about someone who finds a fish and takes him home. He digs the fish a well and gives it a home, and in return the fairy fish cleans its owners house.
(The Fish-Peri)

Bibliography: Forty-Four Turkish Fairy Tales by Ignacz Kunos link to reading

No comments:

Post a Comment