Sunday, October 30, 2016

Story: The Three Little Pigs

(The First Little Pig, L. Leslie Brooke)
There once lived a momma pig and three little kids
who lived very happily oh yes they did
Until one day when the kids were grown
The momma said you must go and live on your own

The littlest pig built a house out of straw
And one day a wolf knocked with his paw
He said, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in"
The pig responded, "Not by the hair of my chiny chin chin"
The wolf answered, "Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in"
The wolf blew the house down and then with a jig
Ate the poor, scared littlest pig

The second pig built his house out of wood
The wolf passed by and knew the pig would be good
So he knocked and said "Little pig, little pig, let me come in"
The pig responded,  "Not by the hair of my chiny chin chin"
The wolf answered, "Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in"
He took a deep breath, as the little pig fled
(The Third Little Pig, L. Leslie Brooke)
But when the house fell down, the wolf devoured the pig dead

The last little pig had a house made of brick
One day, a wolf knocked on the door with a lick
He said, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in"
The pig responded, "Not by the hair on my chiny chin chin"
The wolf answered, "Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in"
As hard as he tried, the house would not move
So the wolf thought of a plan no one would disapprove

He climbed to the roof and down the chimney stack
Only to realize he was now under attack
The last little pig had started a fire
And hung a pot of water over it with a wire
In fell the wolf when he climbed down the vent
No longer could the wolf give the pig any torment
The pig now lived in perfect content


Authors Note: The original story of "The Three Little Pigs" has basically the same plot as my story. I just made it into a rhyming poem. In the original story after the wolf threatens to blow down the third little pig's house, he tries to trick the pig by invites him to a turnip farm for dinner. The pig is smarter though and went to the turnip farm before the wolf said he was going to show up. The wolf next invites the pig to an apple farm to trick him out of the house. Again the pig went early and was up in the tree when the wolf showed up. The pig threw an apple far away and when the wolf chased it snuck back to his brick home. Finally the wolf invited the pig to the fair but once again the pig was smarter and went early. When the wolf showed up to the fair, the pig hid in a butter churner and rolled down the hill back home. The wolf then showed up to the pig's house, and snuck onto the roof and down the chimney. The pig had a pot of boiling water in the fire and the wolf fell in, so the pig cooked the wolf, ate him and lived happily ever after.

Bibliography: The Three Little Pigs by Joseph Jacobs link to reading













4 comments:

  1. I really like your poem! The rhymes actually were pretty good and the verses flowed well, and I like the fact that you kept the famous lines from the story in your poem.

    In the original story, do the pigs discuss what materials they are going to use for their houses before they build them? I thought I remembered a scene depicting that discussion, but I'm not sure. Anyway, that could be a neat addition to the poem, foreshadowing the demise of two of the little pigs while previewing the wisdom of the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading poems. It takes a lot of effort to get all of the lines to rhyme. You did a good job condensing the story so it is only what you need to know and not dragging it on. You did a good job with your choice of words. It made the story flow really well. You did a great job with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that you took a story that most people have read before and made it into something new. This story was successful as a poem, and it flowed well throughout! I had never heard of the version of the story where the wolf tries to trick the pig by luring it to a turnip farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun to read! I loved the three little pigs as a child so this brought back some good memories. I like that you wrote your story as a poem. The verses were clever and flowed really well! I also like that you incorporated famous lines from the original story but still added your own twist. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete