Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Feedback Focus

(Timing Method)
Out of the three strageties, the one that was most useful to me was reading out loud. This was because  I tend to read really fast, so I end up skipping a lot of the important details. By reading out loud, it forced me to slow down and really make sure that I read every single word in the story. The one that helped me the least was the timing strategy. This strategy just stressed me out because I felt like I was running out of time and I had the read the story super fast in order to finish in time. For the reading out loud strategy, the biggest advantage was it slowed your reading speed down. The biggest disadvantage is you have to be in a place where you are able to read out loud. For the copy and paste method, the biggest advantage is that you are able to take notes while reading, and also are able to keep track of how much you read. The biggest disadvantage is that it takes a little bit more time, and you have to stop after every paragraph in order to take notes on what you just read. The biggest advantage to the timing strategy is that it gives you a time limit, so you are basically forcing yourself to just read for 10 minutes and do nothing else. The biggest disadvantage is that sometimes the story is really long and you can't finish reading it in by when the timer goes off. I probably would only use the reading out loud strategy in the future, as I really didn't like the other two very much. I'm a really big color person so a strategy I use is to copy the story into word, and insert notes into the story in a different color. So if I had a really strong reaction to a certain part, then I would type my notes in a different color directly after that part. So its kind of like the copy and paste method, but I don't delete the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment