Friday, September 2, 2016

Feedback Thoughts

I am a very self-critical person, so I continue to work on assignments until I think its perfect. This makes it very hard for me to accept criticism and feedback because if I think its perfect then a lot of times I disregard input from other people. However, as I'm gotten older, I have realized that its less about perfection and more about getting ideas, opinions, and corrections from others about my writing. So reading the article "5 Tips for Taking Feedback Like a Champ" was really helpful to me. The main tip that I will be reminding myself of when receiving feedback is "state-vs-trait." I have a big problem with this, as many times when I get feedback, I take it personally. I now need to realize that they are not critiquing me a person, but they are critiquing my grammar, or the way something is worded. When I am on the other end of feedback, I need to make sure to correct my wording, so that way I am not critiquing a individual person but rather their writing, so that they do not take it personally.
(Receiving feedback, Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment