Thursday, September 29, 2016

Reading Notes, Laos, Part B

This part contained many stories that I enjoyed however my favorite was "A Boy of the City Streets." This story began when three men approached a boy on the outskirts of a town. The boy asked where the men were going and as they were wise men, they grew angry when he spoke. So they caught him and planned to sell him. They traveled to another town, and on the way tried to get rid of him. Eventually they wanted him to go into the city for fire, and he said he will if he could tie them to a post. They agreed and the boy went into the town, and eventually sold the three wise men. I dont think that there is very much I could change in this story because its so simple and short but I could at least change the setting, or the wording to make it more present day. 

(Town in Laos, Pixabay)

Bibliography: Laos Folk-Lore by Katherine Neville Fleeson link to reading

No comments:

Post a Comment