Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Story: The Cruel Crane Outwitted

There once was a crane
(The Crane and the Fish, John D. Batten)
Some fish, a crab
Who lived in a pond that was oh so drab
The fish began to disappear
So the crane said
I know of a place not far from here
The water there is cool and clear
And we will all have nothing to fear
I can take you there one at a time
Where you can live peacefully for a lifetime
He took a fish in his mouth and flew away
But instead of saving he choose to slay
He continued to move the fish day by day
And left the bones beside the pond
Until all the fish were gone and conned
Only the crab remained
The crane flew towards the pond but the crab saw the bones
He knew what was happening and let out a groan
To avoid certain death the crab knew what to do
He strangled the crane and started his life anew

Authors Note: The original story has the same plot as the story above. The only thing I changed was I made it into a poem/story that rhymed.

Bibliography: The Cruel Crane Outwitted by Joseph Jacobs link to reading

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the rhyming that you use for this story. This is a very simple and sweet story. I really enjoy the change you made and it definitely takes some skill to make all of these rhymes. I don't think I could've done that, so hats off to you. Can't wait to read more of your stories and hopefully more poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s awesome the knack you have for poems! I always dreaded the poems section in my English classes because I suck at them haha. It was wonderful how you converted it into a poem and still made it wonderfully enjoyable to read and captivating. On top of all that, it rhymed too! You and your mad poems skill are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you can write poems and keep the story flowing is impressive!! I enjoyed this story so much, it was almost like a song it flowed and went so well. I struggle writing poems, always have, so I think it's neat that you have the ability to do it so well! Can't wait to read more of your work in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you changed the story into a poem. This feat is something that I struggle with as poetry has never been a strong suit of mine. I recently wanted to turn one of my stories in a poem and just could not manage to get it right. I ended up writing a regular story. You did a really great job with this story and I greatly enjoyed reading it! I look forward to checking out more of your stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete